Wednesday, 28 December 2011

The truth about NAPBAS 2011

*Me giving you the smile like the Cheshire Cat in Alice in Wonderland*

  Hehehe...So I walked on the red carpet during the Nuffnang Asia Pacific Blog Awards 2011 last 16th Dec 2011. Ya ya I know..this entry is long overdue dah...its been in draft since 22nd Dec and this is the only time I could actually review  and touch it up a bit before I click on the 'Publish' button

*boss is still on cuti x'mas maa...*

First of all, my gratitude to Nuffnang for inviting me to this prestigious award dinner. Being a blogger cum a nuffnang-er since November 2011, and being rewarded instantly by this invitation really gave
me the boost to write more and I hope this whole example of mine would inspire other new bloggers and nuffnangers out there. After enthusiastically accepted the invitation,I did felt a little bit intimidated. Ya la..knowing that the rest of the guests will be like super familiar with the ambiance,super 'this-is-normal-event-for-me' kind of feeling you know..geesh..It was kind of hard for logic to prevail over my emotions tau. But ahhh...I said to myself, this is something new in your life.Just go with it lah and there..me on the red carpet posing...


I know I know...put on laa some make-up Lela oiii..katanya keja Avon. Ehh..Avon which department kak,Im in IT nun jauh di sana..But..I really do want to get dressed up!Put on some dinner make-up,bling-bling here,bling-bling there...But,sadly I didnt have much time on that day. Coincidentally the work load was hectically crazy and I was keseorangan.
At 7:00PM  I clocked out,and vroooooooooommm ......nayyyy... how is that even possible with the traffic jam at LDP Puchong tuh?!?!

Luck was on my side I guess. Slightly less than 30 minutes I was already there at the lobby of the grand
Putrajaya Marriot. Paid obeisance to Allah and later after, proceeded to the grand ballroom for registration.
 There were many labels on the registry ...agak sesat for a second looking for 'Malaysia'.
Thailand & India, Hong Kong,China, Japan,Singapore,Australia, and Malaysia to name afew.



Oh ya..Let me put a note awal-awal in here : I only have a handful of kind-of quality photos tau. So expect the unexpected okies. Credits not only to my canon, but to Nuffang's photos too ;)

The first blogger I met was Farah as she was one of the registrars sitting behind the registry tables. Had a little chit chat telling each other that we knew and read each others blogs. Well mana tak nya, my questions about nuffnang were all answered by her..sorry yer Farah, budak mak budak baru nak belajar ni. First impression? She's cool and must be a fun person to hang out with.

Ok lets move on shall we. Views from a first-timer about this night. While waiting for the grand doors to open, bloggers were mingling, laughing, shooting shots here and there. It was a night of glitz. As for me, totally new in this blog-sphere, I just walked leisurely around back and forth,congratulated the nominees, said "hi-and-see-ya" to some of the guests while yeah and observed at others' actions and reactions.

Then at 8:30 PM the tall heavy doors were opened. And here is the view once all were seated.



Fine Dining : To be frank, this was the only coursed meal that I had actually enjoyed compared to other coursed meals that Ive tried at other parties before. Kiddos to Putrajaya Marriot and thanks to Nuffnang for the exquisite dinner. I enjoyed every meal on the table.



Outfit : Many grabbed this night to dress up to the max. Some with heavy dreadful make up, some were with 'just-perfect' make up, some with light touched-up and some were make-up-less. I just have to start on with the dresses. Hehehe...thanks to Nuffnang, we too were given the opportunity to make-feel dressing up like the Hollywood stars. Be it, the gentlemen and the ladies,..all were beautifully and smartly dressed even though there were some who over-decorated themselves. I saw some with blue hair-do,pink hair-do,skinny boned figures in totally not sexy dresses,chubby chubby cutey pun ada.But hey, it was after all OUR night to have fun,right? So gasak je lah...I wonder what would the theme be for the next NAPBAS....hmmmm...

Mind the tail...she was nominated in one of the categories ok
Guests: Some were bloggers, some were media representatives, some were mothers of bloggers, and some were just as a companion to the nuffnangers.And from my conversations with some of these 500 guests + VIPs + media, I can actually tell whom were a friendly kind of person and whom were not. Whom conversed intellectually and whom conversed and behaved immaturely. But again, suka hati lah kan.

But there's this one thing that I just cant get it out from my head till this very moment. I know you have been nominated in the 'Most *something* Blog' category this year, but please la..when somebody congratulates you, don't whine and brag saying that you were not as thrilled as in like..hmmm..how did you actually said it to me again? "Im not that excited pun, cause I knew Im going to get nominated AGAIN this year"...I was like..Okaaayyyyyyyy...and I said to my own ears to hear .."Takpe lah dik,you are still young,perhaps when u r older,u'll converse wiser" ... hehehe..I made the wise decision though when I did not vote for you. Itu lah manusia, baru dipuji sedikit ,sudah riak kan...dik,please be reminded, Allah may just take it allll back...

At least a table photo is a must. All here was our first time to the dinner but except for me,they have been blogging since like forever..Appledia, shy shy Deqnoor, and also shy shy Mak Dara, but maybe since kita baru jumpa, malu - malu cat lah, tunggu la after few meetings kan ;)


Me and Shila. We were in the same Geng Sekolah Rendah last time..oh rindu pulak zaman itu.
there she is with her husband Mr Kown..my uni-mate ( ampun..gambar a little 'Parkinson')

The happy couple. Amin.
 
 Madammondoq and her camera malam tu ;P

Me, with Moon, Im yet to read her blog, will do soon ;) , and Shila and Filla, pun yet to read on her blog, will do too soon . Im sure its going to be fun to read too ;) . Eh berapa banyak 'too' daa...

Another 'Parkinson' photo.. tapi boleh la tepek sini..*silap setting camera ni kot..dan dan*
Thank goodness there were only a handful of people with THAT attitude that night kan!!Other bloggers were more humble, simple, modest,approachable,smart and fun to talk to. That should be the way lah kan. Even when I had a chat with the co-founder himself;Ming,Timothy's mom, and some other representatives from the sponsors (Volkswagen),and some of the nuffies pun they were humble je.Nice meeting all of you btw.

This petite lady won the most. Her blog is fun to read..seriously!

Entertainers: Simply superb! Just cant get enough of Nadia and Liang hosting the event. They were just too cute to witty on the stage at almost every appearance.

Trying to be 1Malaysia or 1AsiaPacific? Asal happy la Liang ! :)


 


Music melodies by James Baum and Reshmonu, and with Harith cynically joked about Malaysians and Singaporeans was absolutely marvelous. Some of his jokes that I can recall were:

1. The crossing the road joke : Unlike in Singapore, in Malaysia, it is OK to cross at any point of the road even though zebra crossings, and overhead bridges are provided. Hmm..on this, I would say we learn from the Bangladeshis did not we my malaysians fellows? hehehe.. ;p

2. The typical silly question jokes : We Malaysians love to ask people on the obvious questions. Example: Me watering the plant and some makcik would ask me.."Hai...siram pokok ke"..or..Me eating.."Yuhooo...tengah makan ke"..serious shit he had me laughed out loud on this. VERY THE MALAYSIAN!!!



And many more ...
3. The Kim Kardiashian jokes,
4. The lyric of someone's song joke.
5. The movie subtitles joke.

There were more shows that night..but the pole dancing by the Viva Circus performances wrapped up the night before the ultimate category award giving was held .



Here is the short clip of their performance . Dont get aroused pulak by this..totally nonsense if you do!

p/s: The clip maybe offensive to some. So, if you are not up for it, please do not click on the play button



Wasn't that something? Hmmm..Not only the boys had their jaws dropped and eyes wide open on these ladies , but me and my table-mates too were at awe.
My gosh!What strong hands and abdominal muscles you got there!!!

After about 10 minutes of 'acrobatic-ing' the pole,the night continued with the region's best blog,followed by a party at the Zouk. As for me, thank you Nuffnang but no thank you, I rindu my awards at home!!!


Again, a huge congratulations to Nuffnang for the prestigious event organized!!!!
It really was a great year end closing party for me :) . Thank you once again for inviting me!!!
Dont forget November Seven in your upcoming events okay!! :)


My awards that need no votes ....hugs and kisses to both of you.

No comments: